"Don't ever lose faith in who you are, for that's what makes you different.
Don't try to turn yourself into someone everyone else is, for if that happens, the world is a poorer place."
- Sept 2005
I have not been practising my german, so I shall make a resolution to use deutsch more in my everyday life. i shall start with my blog. so if you see odd words, chances are that it is german.
-----------------
I met a very annoying duo today. X and Y. I met them at O'Neill's, a pub at covent garden while i was watching Man utd take on middlesbrough. being from the same school, i invited them to sit together with me to watch the match. big mistake.
X totally justified his irritant tag by talking non-stop during the match with his gruff voice, in chinese nonetheless. now. i am perfectly fine with chinese, but don't attempt a running commentary in chinese while i'm watching manchester united play. and don't ask me irrelevant questions like "where do you live" when i'm watching soccer.
if X was bad, Y was worse. he was constantly shouting out names of soccer players. nothing wrong. except it was in mandarin, and yeah. Everytime a black player touched the ball, he shouted HESKEY! nothing wrong, except that their names were Joseph Desire-Job and Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink. worse. whenever Doriva touched the ball, i swear i heard Kieron Dyer.
A counter-attack became a counter-strike, and tausends of irrelevant comments inundated me the entire afternoon. worse was soon to follow. Eric Djemba-Djemba came on for ronaldo, and he went, who the fook is that? since when did he become a utd player? I recall the comments of an acquaintance, typical bandwagon united fan. 3.5 million pounds from FC Nantes, June 2003. EAT DIRT!
utd won 2-0 on the back of a rather solid performance. solid but unspectacular. but those 2 idiots marred it.
--------------------------
i have been making internship applications. I have done 1000000000 applications and things are starting to look the same to me. it's tiresome, but as i said to A, the pains of necessity. it appears almost imperative for me to get a placement here in summer, because i did not factor in a budget for staying here over summer. so if i'm employed, i'll have money to eat. haha. but yeah, it's necessary. .