In My Words

"Don't ever lose faith in who you are, for that's what makes you different.
Don't try to turn yourself into someone everyone else is, for if that happens, the world is a poorer place."
- Sept 2005

Flying Fingers of

kelvin
in london
reading law
bloody stressed


Archives

I don't keep archives

Currently Reading

Company Law - Gower and Davies

in the mood for

Yi Lu Xiang Bei
- Jay Chou

Measure of a Man
- Clay Aiken


Public Airings

The Straits Times Selection

Singapore:To Me
Elitism
Musicianship
Work/Study


A Memory Stirs

The Highlights

Joan Chan
From the future
Ninth Exco
No Damn
WMD
July 7th
My words
My Story, Your Song
Open Letter
ISFJ

Linked to
Livvy
Kassie
Xf
Dana
Audrey

Say Hi to me
kelvgoh@gmail.com

I endorse


the LSESUSS Disco 2005
zouked@the phoenix




from you to me




free hit counter


It Drives Me


thanks to
Image: Yun Photo Gallery
Design: Blogfrocks
Powered: Blogger
 
Thursday, February 10, 2005

An open letter to : No one in particular.

Dear Friend,

I guess you are happy to see me in this state. Reduced to tatters and scurraging around for some semblance of company and people who do not see me as someone akin to one who is HIV Positive or afflicted by a deadly plague. I amble around school in an aura of absent mindedness with no form within a one metre radius save for my loyal shadow.

You have it all, people, adulation, laughter, joy, brilliance, riches and all the comforts of the majority. You always have a ready smile, a kind word, a generous gesture and exude sunshine from every pore in your anatomy.

You have the career of your dreams, laid out before you, bright and full of promise, with no lack of choices and suitors, while I am left in a lingering limbo of uncertainty. It must no doubt please you to no end that you have got yet another over me.

Yes, your endless queries and questions have bore fruit, straight from the gauntlet, that I am a do-no-gooder and have been punished for all my sins and my wrongs. But that is where your endless assumptions will stop.

I may not have your future, nor one that bears some semblance to it, but it is by no means an indicator of my absolute and unconditional surrender.

You may have all the glittery riches and spoils of war, but at the end of this journey, even if I return with nothing, I can live in the comfort that I return a better person than you. In the midst of turmoil and bloodshed I have not deviated from the principles that I hold dear to my soul while I see repeated and multiple manifestations of deviances which make my stomach churn.

Your smiles and ebullience belies a dagger that you have plunged into your subjects, and in your glory, you remain untouchable. You have the ability to fabricate myths and worlds of such reality that you entrance all that fall under your spells. You engage all means and methods to secure your own well being. Your aura invokes myopia in all whom fraternise, and for them I feel sad, in my own silent manner.

You are afraid of loneliness and it is a fear that everyone shares. But your choices and your path will lead you to a life of isolation for people will see through that facade of what you call yourself. You will find that the people around you will become manifestations of yourself, and the you that you see in the mirror will be the only one who stares you in the eye.

I may be alone but I am not lonely. I am guided by my faith that goodness, fairness and justice in this world of mine will eventually prevail. I may not have mass appeal nor a large fan base, but I am content and will treasure this small but loyal following who come back day after day, and continue giving the very best I have to offer.

You have sacrificed your soul and who you are for your glory, and for that you have lost my respect. Not that it will mean anything to you, but you have become a lesser person as the days wear on, and despite your best efforts, I will become a better person for at least, I am still me.

And for you who faithfully reads this page for snippets of gossip fodder, I assure you that you will get none. May you find salvation, somewhere, somehow.

Your Friend

kelvin was inspired at 5:32 PM

     

Webset Copyright © Blogfrocks
Sunset Image Copyright © Yun Photo Gallery