"Don't ever lose faith in who you are, for that's what makes you different.
Don't try to turn yourself into someone everyone else is, for if that happens, the world is a poorer place."
- Sept 2005
Heute war sehr sonnig, ich und mein freund zhongwen ging Westminster Abbey. Sehr spass, ich bin tourist, nicht student.
Ich kaufe zwei law lehrbuch, sehr kostspielig. Ich bin sehr pleite.
-------------------------------------------
I've been playing Championship manager of late, and look what has happened. Yes, I led Aston Villa to the UEFA Cup and now I've beaten Manchester United (no shit) for the European Super Cup. 2-0 with a 1.5 strength team. as in it was not my first team but not my second team either.
if only this was true in real life. according to the game, Aston Villa pay me 26500 pounds a week. yes. A WEEK. that's enough for my school fees for the whole year.
-------------------------------------
I saw this in Westminster Abbey, and found it highly amusing.
apparently the brits and probably the BBCs among them have a problem differentiating what is cantonese, chinese and mandarin. it's the same among the internship application forms i fill in. they ask me to list my languages, and they have Chinese, Mandarin, Chinese (Hokkien) as options. technically I can put all 3 but it's ok. haha. i'll be embarassed to tell them it's the one and the same language, except maybe hokkien.
For those back home, here's a nice pic of Westminster Abbey
Saw the touristy tombs/memorials, including the must-see da-vinci-code romanticised Isaac Newton tomb. it's nothing much actually. i thought that there would be lots of people staring and marvelling at it, but i had a clear view of it. haha. because my friend and i were the only people looking at it.
Another snippet of information, Sir Thomas Stamford Raffles is buried in Westminster Abbey. yesh, he was that great. and on his plaque said this,
"he founded an emporium named Singapore"
i was sniggering. Oriental Emporium? do you people remember the seedy neighbourhood OG we called Oriental Emporium? haha. i'm sure they meant kingdom or state. but i'd feel really sorry for myself and my country if we were no more than an emporium to the brits.
oh. and i touched his shoe. haha. (ok lah. the shoe on the marble carving)
Went for a walk to St James' Park after that (no do not mistake this for the Toon Prison), it is a real park. oh my goodness, it provides the most beautiful view of Buckingham Palace! haha. see it to believe it.
To start using my filofax more often. I have a nice Braun Buffel (GERMAN!!!) filofax given to me by my mother, and for one year it has sat in my drawer unused. During the time period, i toyed with the idea of a $400 HP iPaq when a simple black thingy in my drawer would do. I have since realised the benefits of being organised via filofax and I will use it to plan my time. Hopefully, i'll find myself better organised.