"Don't ever lose faith in who you are, for that's what makes you different.
Don't try to turn yourself into someone everyone else is, for if that happens, the world is a poorer place."
- Sept 2005
At long last I can clarify this for the one person I was waiting to fall for it has today finally deigned to ask me.. "eh! so which one did you choose???"
let me refresh the memories once more
----------------------------------------
April 01 2005
It was an UNBELIEVABLY AWESOME day!!! I am still sitting here in disbelief. I don't usually do this but let me share my happiness.... Year 2s all worry about one particular thing. Yep, the dreaded word : Internship. up until today, i was too sweating over what i will be doing this summer. ppl closer to me would know how important it is to me to get something this summer, and despite all my efforts, I was left hanging by a thread. but today.... i got not 1, not 2, but 3 offers! I still can't believe it.
Baker & McKenzie offered me a place on their International Summer Placement, and if i take it up I will be off to sunny california!!! i still can't believe it.
Allen & Overy gave me a call today as well and informed me that they are offering me a place on their vacation placement scheme, from late jun to mid july. Allen are really my ideal firm and it's really incredibly tempting.
BUT Goldman Sachs are offering me a summer internship as well!!! in their legal operations division nonetheless!!! i'm dizzy with delight now. GOLDMAN SACHS! their pay package is pretty attractive, 500pds a week and 100pds living allowance to pay for rent. and i live just like 5 mins walk away from them. it's smashing news!! you have no idea how prestigious this internship is.
oh my goodness, i still can't quite believe it. but the thing is i can't do all 3. quite obviously i have to make some choices. I guess i'll just call back home and see what my parents say. i shall just lie down and bask in it for a bit. an UNBELIEVABLY AWESOME day...
-------------------------------
to her... heeee.... look at the date of the post first. then look at what i have bolded and italicised and capitalised. yep. APRIL FOOL!!! even though it's technically MAY FOOL!!!, but nvm lah. chin chye.
to others who have asked me, sorry that i had to give ambivalent answers but the integrity of the joke is important! even though it's a little late for it now it was important that i april fool my friend so yup, please understand. was meant to be nothing more than a good joke and well, i did leave sufficient indicators as to its legitimacy. so then...
-------------------------------
I am not doing enough. I can do more and I need to do more.