In My Words

"Don't ever lose faith in who you are, for that's what makes you different.
Don't try to turn yourself into someone everyone else is, for if that happens, the world is a poorer place."
- Sept 2005

Flying Fingers of

kelvin
in london
reading law
bloody stressed


Archives

I don't keep archives

Currently Reading

Company Law - Gower and Davies

in the mood for

Yi Lu Xiang Bei
- Jay Chou

Measure of a Man
- Clay Aiken


Public Airings

The Straits Times Selection

Singapore:To Me
Elitism
Musicianship
Work/Study


A Memory Stirs

The Highlights

Joan Chan
From the future
Ninth Exco
No Damn
WMD
July 7th
My words
My Story, Your Song
Open Letter
ISFJ

Linked to
Livvy
Kassie
Xf
Dana
Audrey

Say Hi to me
kelvgoh@gmail.com

I endorse


the LSESUSS Disco 2005
zouked@the phoenix




from you to me




free hit counter


It Drives Me


thanks to
Image: Yun Photo Gallery
Design: Blogfrocks
Powered: Blogger
 
Friday, June 17, 2005

It's pretty odd that I am just blogging once every week, and at the end of every week in fact. but such is my life now that this is the only time where I am able to sit down and devote some time to expressing my thoughts.

It's pretty ok here at ST. it's a job that isn't too difficult so by right i should have no complaints. In fact, I don't really have any except about the hours. as a journalist, your career depends on the bylines and who gets the story first. While it is less competitive here at SPH in the sense that not everyone is obsessed about bylines, most of us still have to do regular feature articles, so i am working as fast as i can to get those features done so i can do some real current Homenews stories.

I am not obsessed about bylines, but that is what every journalist works towards and since I am one for the next couple of months anyway, it's something i should do. if anything, it tells me that I have made it.

but it's not been too bad for me. I've got a cover story for IN due on 27 June, and it's one i'm mighty proud of because cover stories are usually done by the regular journos, and i'm just an intern.

been put in charge of a few columms, which are of course giving me headaches if my constant pleas to you all are anything to go by you know how they can be a pain.

but otherwise, it's been a pretty pleasant experience. newsroom isn't what i expected it to be but then. haha.

Singapore's been ok so far. haven't really been meeting up with people because i haven't told many people i'm back. i'm just not too keen to let people know as such because i'm afraid i won't have the time to meet them. in fact, time is a rather short commodity at the moment, because i'm clocking an average of 11 hours a day at work. that's half of my day spent in the confines of the newsroom. I was prepared for it but i did wish i had more personal time.

I miss london, i really do, and the carefree life there, the support clique i could always depend on. that's something i treasure. looking forward to going back. really am.

kelvin was inspired at 11:38 AM

     

Webset Copyright © Blogfrocks
Sunset Image Copyright © Yun Photo Gallery