In My Words

"Don't ever lose faith in who you are, for that's what makes you different.
Don't try to turn yourself into someone everyone else is, for if that happens, the world is a poorer place."
- Sept 2005

Flying Fingers of

kelvin
in london
reading law
bloody stressed


Archives

I don't keep archives

Currently Reading

Company Law - Gower and Davies

in the mood for

Yi Lu Xiang Bei
- Jay Chou

Measure of a Man
- Clay Aiken


Public Airings

The Straits Times Selection

Singapore:To Me
Elitism
Musicianship
Work/Study


A Memory Stirs

The Highlights

Joan Chan
From the future
Ninth Exco
No Damn
WMD
July 7th
My words
My Story, Your Song
Open Letter
ISFJ

Linked to
Livvy
Kassie
Xf
Dana
Audrey

Say Hi to me
kelvgoh@gmail.com

I endorse


the LSESUSS Disco 2005
zouked@the phoenix




from you to me




free hit counter


It Drives Me


thanks to
Image: Yun Photo Gallery
Design: Blogfrocks
Powered: Blogger
 
Friday, September 16, 2005

it feels surreal, that's i'm sitting back here in my pink room again. it's a gorgeous sight, this little room of mine, with boxes andbags strewn all over it, and there's not very much prospect of it getting in order very soon. I need to do laundry but i can't be arsed to trudge down to the laundry room to sort it out, and neither can i be too bothered about hoovering the floor. But well, i'll get down to it, once i decide that i can't live in filth. which would be tomorrow perhaps. HA!

that aside, it feels odd that i'm back for my third year in university. it seems just like yesterday that i was a fresher trudging across the millenium bridge for the very first time, trapaising down fleet street with a skip in my step, all because i'm heading to see the legendary institution which i enrolled myself in. and i remember turning into houghton street and facing Old Building saying to myself, "What the HELL?"

I remember going for my very first class smirking at the teacher because, hey, i still couldn't believe that i was a LSE student, and I remember taking my very first exam here in London (one which despite being pretty confident of, I didn't do all that well).

In short, I still remember the days of being a freshman, and dammit, i'd love to relive that life once more.

I look at the freshers today, and I find that they're mostly, not all, carbon copies of what i was back then. i.e. eager to make new friends, basking in "I-can't-believe-i'm-here" euphoria and keen to get off to a running start in school. But I pray that they get around it a lot better than i did, without all the pain and disappointment, without all the misunderstandings and the bad faith.

It's my last year at college, and i'm going to make sure it's one heck of a year.

much as i miss home, i'm lovin' it here.

kelvin was inspired at 6:20 AM

     

Webset Copyright © Blogfrocks
Sunset Image Copyright © Yun Photo Gallery