In My Words

"Don't ever lose faith in who you are, for that's what makes you different.
Don't try to turn yourself into someone everyone else is, for if that happens, the world is a poorer place."
- Sept 2005

Flying Fingers of

kelvin
in london
reading law
bloody stressed


Archives

I don't keep archives

Currently Reading

Company Law - Gower and Davies

in the mood for

Yi Lu Xiang Bei
- Jay Chou

Measure of a Man
- Clay Aiken


Public Airings

The Straits Times Selection

Singapore:To Me
Elitism
Musicianship
Work/Study


A Memory Stirs

The Highlights

Joan Chan
From the future
Ninth Exco
No Damn
WMD
July 7th
My words
My Story, Your Song
Open Letter
ISFJ

Linked to
Livvy
Kassie
Xf
Dana
Audrey

Say Hi to me
kelvgoh@gmail.com

I endorse


the LSESUSS Disco 2005
zouked@the phoenix




from you to me




free hit counter


It Drives Me


thanks to
Image: Yun Photo Gallery
Design: Blogfrocks
Powered: Blogger
 
Tuesday, September 27, 2005

A long overdue addition to this site - an excerpt of some of my Straits Times articles - in the sidebar. Have a read if you're bored.

------------------------------------------------

It's barely a week before the start of the new school term and I find myself reminiscing. Two years ago, I was a freshman in London, totally clueless about where and what to do to start understanding this city I have called home for the past two years. I still remember the measured trek along ludgate circus, and down fleet street to get to the LSE, seeing the facade of this venerable institution for the very first time and consequently muttering "What the hell?", and suffering daylight robbery by buying a tube of digestives for twice the normal price because i stupidly shopped at a 24hr express.

Two years down the road I find myself wiser, able to pick up the tricks of the british, and walking around london without a map in hand. And at the same time, I meet freshmen who remind me of the experiences I went through, and the energy and enthusiasm they have, I feel extremely envious about.

I can no longer profess to be able to wake up every morning totally excited about being in London. Seeing the Big Ben and finding out how Argos works no longer creates that sense of wonder in me which reminds me that I am in a wonderful city. And I really envy how the freshmen are able to see things in ways I can no longer see. I really want to embrace that ability once more before my time at college ends. They say that University is a memorable experience - I agree, and I want to make my last year at the LSE a swell one.

It has been an enjoyable past few days. Had a cookever at Sarah's on friday night with a group of friends, and it was a great time chatting the night away, and getting to know people better. I've not exactly been my most sociable the last year or so, and I hope to make up for it somewhat this year.

Sunday was spent fruitfully, in quite possibly one of the queerest ways possible. I've always enjoyed moving into a new pad, and even though it's hard work, I quite enjoyed the experience. I wasn't the one moving into a new house, but it did feel like it, and the excitement somehow bubbled over onto me. Queer yes, but fun, and an absolutely sumptuous dinner. Thanks!

As such i'm looking forward to the opportunity to do some furniture assembling on Sunday. =)

kelvin was inspired at 12:40 AM

     

Webset Copyright © Blogfrocks
Sunset Image Copyright © Yun Photo Gallery