In My Words

"Don't ever lose faith in who you are, for that's what makes you different.
Don't try to turn yourself into someone everyone else is, for if that happens, the world is a poorer place."
- Sept 2005

Flying Fingers of

kelvin
in london
reading law
bloody stressed


Archives

I don't keep archives

Currently Reading

Company Law - Gower and Davies

in the mood for

Yi Lu Xiang Bei
- Jay Chou

Measure of a Man
- Clay Aiken


Public Airings

The Straits Times Selection

Singapore:To Me
Elitism
Musicianship
Work/Study


A Memory Stirs

The Highlights

Joan Chan
From the future
Ninth Exco
No Damn
WMD
July 7th
My words
My Story, Your Song
Open Letter
ISFJ

Linked to
Livvy
Kassie
Xf
Dana
Audrey

Say Hi to me
kelvgoh@gmail.com

I endorse


the LSESUSS Disco 2005
zouked@the phoenix




from you to me




free hit counter


It Drives Me


thanks to
Image: Yun Photo Gallery
Design: Blogfrocks
Powered: Blogger
 
Sunday, October 09, 2005

had my first training session with the team today, and while i'm heartened by the healthy turn-out of first years, what really means the most to me is to see the London Games team return. In a way, I went through a definitive period of my second year in the company of the team, and it was also during that time which I learnt precious lessons about life and friendship. I made some of the best friends I could have made during that time, and times spent with the team were happy ones.

I think back to the "social ridicule" I probably received during that time, and I don't think I would have gotten through that phase if not for the support of my friends in the team. It wasn't easy, to have people calling you a skirt-chaser and what-not, but I always believed that people can call you all they want, and it's up to you to prove them right or wrong. I don't have anything left to prove, and I know that I should no longer feel so accountable to the masses, so long as I keep belief in what I set out to do, and so long as the team welcomes me. I will remain with them.

That being said, it's mine, p's and R's last year with the team, and while the signs that the team looks alright this year, I hope that we do win something. But beyond that, I always believed the the team would be more than just about winning. it's about bonding, about friendships, about cheer and laughter. I hope beyond this year, the spirit will endure.

I really, really would like to see the LG team back on the court. We've grown from team which were whipped to a team which surprised, it means so much to stand on the sidelines and watch the ladies grow as a team, and as individuals. But I know I can't ask them to do something they don't want to, and all I can do is hope.

kelvin was inspired at 7:02 AM

     

Webset Copyright © Blogfrocks
Sunset Image Copyright © Yun Photo Gallery