In My Words

"Don't ever lose faith in who you are, for that's what makes you different.
Don't try to turn yourself into someone everyone else is, for if that happens, the world is a poorer place."
- Sept 2005

Flying Fingers of

kelvin
in london
reading law
bloody stressed


Archives

I don't keep archives

Currently Reading

Company Law - Gower and Davies

in the mood for

Yi Lu Xiang Bei
- Jay Chou

Measure of a Man
- Clay Aiken


Public Airings

The Straits Times Selection

Singapore:To Me
Elitism
Musicianship
Work/Study


A Memory Stirs

The Highlights

Joan Chan
From the future
Ninth Exco
No Damn
WMD
July 7th
My words
My Story, Your Song
Open Letter
ISFJ

Linked to
Livvy
Kassie
Xf
Dana
Audrey

Say Hi to me
kelvgoh@gmail.com

I endorse


the LSESUSS Disco 2005
zouked@the phoenix




from you to me




free hit counter


It Drives Me


thanks to
Image: Yun Photo Gallery
Design: Blogfrocks
Powered: Blogger
 
Friday, October 07, 2005

It's a long time in the making. It's a decision which I always wanted to take but never quite had the guts to. But yes it's been done.

From day one when I first stepped foot into the LSE, I told myself I wanted to do Public International Law under Professor Christopher Greenwood QC. I ran away from it in year two, and I nearly did again in year three. but. erm. I did it. What this means though, is that with a subject combination as mine, I've as good as thrown my first class honours away. Well, it was technically still possible with a lighter subject combination this year, but I guess it's my fault that I didn't work hard enough in year two. It's ok, I told myself I'd be happy with a 2:1, and this it shall be.

I think, deep down inside, while I do want the first, it still ultimately comes second to doing subjects I think I will truly enjoy. I didn't enjoy advanced torts much last year, even though it was supposedly among the easiest to score in. I am keen not to repeat the mistakes again this year. It's a difficult decision, especially since all my other friends are doing easy subjects to hit the first, but for me, it's personally not in me to just take the easy way out of situations. If I were to get a first out of any of the subjects I'm doing this year, I will be very proud indeed. It's tough, but i'll try. And with God's grace, may I succeed.

I've been thinking about careers and all the glittery paths my peers have embarked on. Part of me feels a tinge of envy, but yet another part of me knows that He has a plan for me, and in recent times, the plan has never looked clearer. I've always had to wait to get what I want, but when it comes, it comes even better than I had ever expected. I have complete faith in the Lord, and may His light shine on me, and my friends whom I care so much for.

It's going to be a tough year ahead, given my numerous committments, but I will manage. With discipline and determination, it will be a very good year indeed.

kelvin was inspired at 12:26 AM

     

Webset Copyright © Blogfrocks
Sunset Image Copyright © Yun Photo Gallery