In My Words

"Don't ever lose faith in who you are, for that's what makes you different.
Don't try to turn yourself into someone everyone else is, for if that happens, the world is a poorer place."
- Sept 2005

Flying Fingers of

kelvin
in london
reading law
bloody stressed


Archives

I don't keep archives

Currently Reading

Company Law - Gower and Davies

in the mood for

Yi Lu Xiang Bei
- Jay Chou

Measure of a Man
- Clay Aiken


Public Airings

The Straits Times Selection

Singapore:To Me
Elitism
Musicianship
Work/Study


A Memory Stirs

The Highlights

Joan Chan
From the future
Ninth Exco
No Damn
WMD
July 7th
My words
My Story, Your Song
Open Letter
ISFJ

Linked to
Livvy
Kassie
Xf
Dana
Audrey

Say Hi to me
kelvgoh@gmail.com

I endorse


the LSESUSS Disco 2005
zouked@the phoenix




from you to me




free hit counter


It Drives Me


thanks to
Image: Yun Photo Gallery
Design: Blogfrocks
Powered: Blogger
 
Tuesday, November 01, 2005

It's halloween here. Not much mood, not much atmosphere, cos everyone is stressed with work. I'm no exception, but it's because i knew I had a good weekend.

Saturday was a blast. Woke up with my heart pounding with excitement, i kid you not. A quick breakfast and I was off to school to play badminton. had a good workout, and thereafter, it was netball with the ladies. They're improving by the truckloads so I'm well happy for the team. After that had lunch at Nandos where I had Perinase again. I assure you, it's nicer than mayonnaise. Actually, anyone who knows me well will know that i worship mayo. yes, i've found something which tops mayo.

Then ran back home to bathe and change into long sleeves and pants for a SPN law event. It was quite an informative talk and I'm well glad I attended, as it opened yet another door for me to consider. But first, I should be concentrating on getting those LLM applications out. I hope I do get the school of choice though.

After SPN i trotted down to Y building to help the singsoc comm with decorating the building for Fright Night. Oh man, I had one HELL of a time there. haha. I was involved in the greater part scaring people, and I'm quite sorry that I actually scared some people to tears with my wailing. I don't know if it was just chaiyee looking very ghastly, or was it the entire atmosphere of the cold and dark corridor we were in. I guess it might be a bit of both. But it was good fun I think, and it was fun which involved a little brain-teasing as well. But unfortunately Andre, the rules of intestacy weren't too accurate. but heck, it was a well scripted story, and I think i'll never look at a television in the same way again.

otherwise, it was a busy week, with an impossible amount of work and paper to shift, and I was right glad that it was over. but well, it just meant that a new week is going to start, and that isn't good news at all. HAH.

in any case, a byline today. ignore the last para please. I know it makes me look stupid but I DID NOT WRITE THAT PARAGRAPH. I can imagine people laughing at me because of that. urgh.

Oct 31, 2005
Higher pay, work exposure big plus points
by Goh Wen Zhong

HAVING spent much of the past two years in London, it seems almost second nature to expect to stay back and work in the United Kingdom.

The desire is strengthened by the hope of recouping the educational investment in the same currency.

Moreover, where else can one start work at nearly S$100,000 a year?

Materialism aside, the exposure one gains working overseas is invaluable.

In London, banks and law firms boast client lists which read like a who's who of international commercial society.

Unfortunately, economic geography dictates that Singapore might be unable to offer the same.

Working in a multinational environment also enables one to truly experience living in an international society.

One thing that I have noticed in Singapore is that there seems to be a strict distinction between the employer and the employee. Overseas, one really works in a team.

The respect a worker is accorded is something Singaporean employers still lag behind in.

But is working overseas a bed of roses?

Well, I miss home, and I cross out each day on my calendar - waiting to visit my family.

The writer is a third-year law student at the London School of Economics.
--------------------------

I know that the article is very abrupt, but well, that's space constraints for you. But it's money in the bank, i'm not complaining. haha.

kelvin was inspired at 12:00 AM

     

Webset Copyright © Blogfrocks
Sunset Image Copyright © Yun Photo Gallery