In My Words

"Don't ever lose faith in who you are, for that's what makes you different.
Don't try to turn yourself into someone everyone else is, for if that happens, the world is a poorer place."
- Sept 2005

Flying Fingers of

kelvin
in london
reading law
bloody stressed


Archives

I don't keep archives

Currently Reading

Company Law - Gower and Davies

in the mood for

Yi Lu Xiang Bei
- Jay Chou

Measure of a Man
- Clay Aiken


Public Airings

The Straits Times Selection

Singapore:To Me
Elitism
Musicianship
Work/Study


A Memory Stirs

The Highlights

Joan Chan
From the future
Ninth Exco
No Damn
WMD
July 7th
My words
My Story, Your Song
Open Letter
ISFJ

Linked to
Livvy
Kassie
Xf
Dana
Audrey

Say Hi to me
kelvgoh@gmail.com

I endorse


the LSESUSS Disco 2005
zouked@the phoenix




from you to me




free hit counter


It Drives Me


thanks to
Image: Yun Photo Gallery
Design: Blogfrocks
Powered: Blogger
 
Thursday, November 03, 2005

The last post was an embarassment, I shall seek to do better next time.

Anyway, I've been reflecting on what someone told me in an email. Been reading it over and over again and it really struck me deep. Do the people I care about care the same back about me? Are the people whom I have invested time and effort in investing the same time and effort back? quite simply put, am I wasting my time caring for people?

There's one person who comes to mind. I spend time doing things which i thought may mean something to that person, I spend time running around at the person's beck and call thinking that it might build up some form of a friendship. But in the end, do i quite mean the same to the person? I doubt it. rather, I think the person prefers to use me as a voodoo doll. well. don't think i don't know yes? it's just that I thought there was some hope.

There's this other person, who once called me stupid. I expended quite some cash, more time and even more time doing all sorts of pointless things (in my view), answering that person's every whim with a positive response. Not too long ago I spent 30 mins of very precious time helping the person with something which might bring the person some distance, but does it do me any good - well it didn't and won't? well, i'm usually not too bothered about whether it'll do me any good, but in the end, what am I to that person? I don't want to be someone this person goes to just to milk as and when this person needs me, but it seems that way.

Just two examples of how blind i can be with such matters.

People affect me , they do. But one thing has changed, people can no longer take me for granted. Cos unlike many other people, I know.

What do I know? That's for me to know and for you to find out.

kelvin was inspired at 12:16 AM

     

Webset Copyright © Blogfrocks
Sunset Image Copyright © Yun Photo Gallery