"Don't ever lose faith in who you are, for that's what makes you different.
Don't try to turn yourself into someone everyone else is, for if that happens, the world is a poorer place."
- Sept 2005
I've been deliberating whether I should blog today. Well, it is after all the last day of school and most people will be blogging about how happy they are that school has ended etc. But quite the contrary for me, i'm sad that school has ended.
It means that all my friends are going home, going for holidays etc etc, and as usual, i'm left to pick up the pieces of my life by myself. On one hand, i'm used to it, on the other hand, i'm not used to it. It's a paradox but it makes sense to me. I see people flying off back to Singapore's sunny shores, or to Italy or France or the Czech Republic, and I can't help but feel a twinge of envy.
I know I made the choice not to go back to singapore for winter, but it's quite simply because I'm not sure i can afford to spend that amount of money just to go back on a whim, or because i'm scared that i'll be lonely here. it's really quite the easy way out, but unfortunately, i don't have the finances to simply just throw away like that. I don't even have the comfort of knowing that the money's going to come in from a job so i guess it's the right thing to do.
I thought about going travelling. but anyone i might travel with are all back in singapore, and others which i've asked have made their own plans. so that's out of the question too. sigh.
but it's ok. Loneliness is a state of mind, and for me, the state of mind is something which can be controlled. This will be a fruitful holiday for me. I am determined to make it so.