In My Words

"Don't ever lose faith in who you are, for that's what makes you different.
Don't try to turn yourself into someone everyone else is, for if that happens, the world is a poorer place."
- Sept 2005

Flying Fingers of

kelvin
in london
reading law
bloody stressed


Archives

I don't keep archives

Currently Reading

Company Law - Gower and Davies

in the mood for

Yi Lu Xiang Bei
- Jay Chou

Measure of a Man
- Clay Aiken


Public Airings

The Straits Times Selection

Singapore:To Me
Elitism
Musicianship
Work/Study


A Memory Stirs

The Highlights

Joan Chan
From the future
Ninth Exco
No Damn
WMD
July 7th
My words
My Story, Your Song
Open Letter
ISFJ

Linked to
Livvy
Kassie
Xf
Dana
Audrey

Say Hi to me
kelvgoh@gmail.com

I endorse


the LSESUSS Disco 2005
zouked@the phoenix




from you to me




free hit counter


It Drives Me


thanks to
Image: Yun Photo Gallery
Design: Blogfrocks
Powered: Blogger
 
Sunday, April 23, 2006

It's been 10 days since I last updated. A pretty long time by my standards but if I may plead my case : I really haven't had the time to do very much.

While the past 10 days could, admittedly, have been spent on something more productive academically, I wouldn't have lived it any other way. Not for anything else, it was 10 days which could change my life so much, so much for the better.

Creatively, I am recovering little gifts lost under the weight of expectation, saturation and detachment, and looking it, I am heartened and encouraged. But as I was saying to a friend, I hope that this does not represent the pinnacle of my efforts, because I know that I am capable of so much more.

It's a blessing when you've been given a talent. It's an even greater blessing if you can use those talents to bless others, or to help build the dreams of others. Sometimes it is hard to make your own dreams come through, but when you have a chance to help someone else realise their dreams, you should do it. and I know I should do this.

There are so many things I want to do, so many words I want to say, but I am reminded that at this moment, there is something else that I have to overcome.

I am reminded of something my principal wrote in my report book on the 26 of May 1997.

"Wen Zhong, your results must force you into a deep reflection on your attitude towards your studies. Renew your commitment and be prepared to work very hard."

and I know I must, for in more ways than one, and in some ways more important than others, my future depends on this examination.

And I promise, no matter what it throws at me, I will ace this.

kelvin was inspired at 5:13 PM

     

Webset Copyright © Blogfrocks
Sunset Image Copyright © Yun Photo Gallery