"Don't ever lose faith in who you are, for that's what makes you different.
Don't try to turn yourself into someone everyone else is, for if that happens, the world is a poorer place."
- Sept 2005
I am, as a figure of understatement, in deep shit. I have roughly 18 days to my first paper and I have yet to see the light of some, or rather much of my academic material this year. Now, it's not entirely bad because it might jolt me into some sort of manic hysteria, or on the other hand, helpless panic.
But nonetheless, I shall not sit back and contemplate my fate. A postcard that rather nicely found its way to me today said that "I know ALOT of things hinges on this single exam" and it struck me once more, more than it has ever previously done, that this is one exam I cannot afford to take lightly.
I don't find much comfort in past year papers, nor the already bite-sized books I am trying to speed-read through, but I guess I derive my comforts from other places, and people. I know I need to perform this time, and dammit, I'd better.
"and I dreamed of you that night, and I slept smiling... that is the happiness you bring to me. I hope I bring the same to you too, and I want to, now and forever..."