"Don't ever lose faith in who you are, for that's what makes you different.
Don't try to turn yourself into someone everyone else is, for if that happens, the world is a poorer place."
- Sept 2005
One of the very few talents I've been given is perhaps the ability to translate my thoughts into words, and anyone who knows me well will know that this blog means a lot to me. It accompanied through my three years here at the LSE, and documented much of my thoughts and feelings, and every time I read through a particular post, I can remember how exactly I felt while writing that post. this little website, this url, represents three years of adventure and at times, struggle here. It documents my numerous joys, as well as my lows. It represents everything meaningful that happened to me over the past three years.
But yet, I spent the last couple of months or so thinking about this blog. While this blog represents my memories of my time here, it has also caused hurt to people, even if I didn't mean it that way. And what hurts me most is that the people it hurt were people who mean so much to me. They mean so much to me that I considered giving up blogging, and all that this means to me.
I can't compromise the way I blog. Like many other people, I don't want this to be an exhibition and documentation of daily occurences. This was meant to share my thoughts and feelings with people, with my friends. And because of that, it had to be truthful. When it comes to people who matter to me, I don't sugar up my thoughts. And before I share these thoughts on this very public site, I give considerable thought to how i'm going to share them.
But I know the way I think, and the way I feel can at times be overbearing, and disturbing. People have been disturbed about how I view certain things, and how I attach importance to other things. But that's just me, I can't help it.
I'm sorry for anything hurtful that has come about as a result of anything that I may have written here, or indeed done, but I hope everyone will understand that I never meant it to be hurtful. This is a diary of my life and all that matters to me. I share all my joys, cheer and good times here. But once in a while, there will be lows in my life, and this blog will reflect it. I cannot always be happy, just like this blog. Otherwise, it's just an exhibition.